What’s up Seniors? The Niwot Podcast Interviews Elected StuCo Officials

Joey Hendershot , Reporter

If you have questions about Prom, Homecoming, or any other student-run events in the future then look no further! The Niwot High School student elections were concluded on the 26th of April. The full election results can be found on the Student Council Instagram page (and can be seen in the photos to the left). The incoming Seniors have elected unopposed co-presidents Maddi Stapp and Aleah Keppler, with Francis Bunting as vice president and Stephan Sahaj as treasurer. “The Niwot Podcast” sat down to interview the co-presidents on my new Podcast after the elections to discuss a few lingering questions that weren’t answered or were unclear about their run. A few of the things that they discussed included prom, homecoming, assemblies, and other changes the co-presidents wanted to see in the upcoming school year. The first thing that they talked about was the planning process of prom. Unfortunately, by no decision of their own, Niwot and many other schools in the state had to restrict Prom to only Seniors. However, this is still a large step up from earlier this year when they thought that Prom might not even happen. 

Then they talked about their leadership roles and what kinds of things they want to do while in the position of president. Aleah set the stage by confirming their intentions on being strong leaders for all the classes. Maddi added to this stating that “[she] wanted future generations of leaders to have a mentor”. She said that this was important to her because she thinks everyone should have a strong mentor just like she did. They ended with some good news on homecoming and assemblies for the 2021-2022 school year. For the full extent of what Niwot is in store for next year, go check out the episode that is out now by scanning the QR code!